Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru

Notices

Old Sep 04, 2006, 11:17 PM // 23:17   #1
Site Legend

Disable Ads
Default 5k spam e-mail sent thru my e-mail account

Just looked through my personal e-mails at home and opened up one which came up with this...im thinking some kind of virus?

ive not e-mailed anyone in days and i dont know anyone with a yahoo account..possible hack..ive been hacked before and someone stole credit card details then tried to purchase stuff online with my cards..

Message from yahoo.com.
Unable to deliver message to the following address(es).

<[email protected]>:
210.74.232.162 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 552 mail size or count over quota.
Giving up on 210.74.232.162.

--- Original message follows.

The original message is over 5k. Message truncated to 1K.

From: Edited out by your friendly moderator - cannonfodder
To: [email protected]
Subject: Mail Delivery (failure [email protected])
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 06:04:37 +0800

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C0CA80.6B015D10

------=_NextPart_001_001C_01C0CA80.6B015D10

------=_NextPart_001_001C_01C0CA80.6B015
*** MESSAGE TRUNCATED ***
Malice Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2006, 11:28 PM // 23:28   #2
Desert Nomad

Stockholm's Avatar

Location: Censored
Guild: Censored
Profession: R/

You'v got virus.
Run a scan, these viruses will use your e-mail contacts to reproduce it self, so when you have identifid it you should send the info to your contacts so the can clean it out to.
Stockholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2006, 11:38 PM // 23:38   #3
Academy Page

Oblivion's Hell's Avatar

Location: Somewhere...
Guild: Guild Of Dangerous Surprise [GODS]

Yes, its a virus, its problably the type that will look up all of whom you've email/who emailed you, then it emails them and gives them the virus, and so on.
Oblivion's Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2006, 11:41 PM // 23:41   #4
Site Legend

k thanx

scanning now
Malice Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2006, 10:47 AM // 10:47   #5
Wilds Pathfinder

Hengis's Avatar

Location: London
Guild: Better Than Life (BTL)
Profession: R/

One quick comment. If I were you, I would edit your post to remove your real @blueyonder e-mail address from the pasted info.

Publishing your primary e-mail address on a forum is a guarenteed way to attract spam, and or e-mail viruses etc.

Also, once spammers have your address, they can set it as the "return path" in their spam e-mails so that you end up with 1000s of rejection messages from the e-mails they send.

Regards,

Hengis
Hengis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2006, 05:29 PM // 17:29   #6
Frost Gate Guardian

Quote:
Also, once spammers have your address, they can set it as the "return path" in their spam e-mails so that you end up with 1000s of rejection messages from the e-mails they send.
Not just that, they can use your address in the from: line, and most clients won't know the difference, so even non-rejected messages would look like you sent them. (except some headers)
mrgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2006, 06:01 PM // 18:01   #7
Jungle Guide

M1h4iL's Avatar

Location: Perth, Australia

It could simply be an email bomb, some peopel do it to others to annoy them and flood their email box, or just common spam. Just search email bomb on google
M1h4iL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2006, 03:57 PM // 15:57   #8
Desert Nomad

Ristaron's Avatar

Location: Canada, eh?
Guild: Legion Of Valhalla
Profession: E/

Either way, a virus scan is a wise course of action - even if you don't think you have a virus.
Ristaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 08, 2006, 08:09 AM // 08:09   #9
Lion's Arch Merchant

Refyused's Avatar

If your email account has been hacked before, credit card details stolen, and now this, it sounds to me like you need to be more careful with what you download and open.

For a little crash course in PC safety, go to www.lavasoftusa.com and download Ad-Aware SE Personal. Then, find yourself a decent virus scanner, I do not recommend Norton or McAfee, they both suck. I personally like nod32 and AVG. You can also get a free (and very good one) at www.freeav.com.

Run them every 2-3 days, even daily if you have the time. Also google the following, install them, and use them daily: Spybot Search and Destroy, PestPatrol, and Pandasoft online virus scanner.
Refyused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 08, 2006, 04:14 PM // 16:14   #10
Lion's Arch Merchant

JiggyFly's Avatar

Location: So-Cal
Guild: Forsaken Wanderers [FW]
Profession: Mo/

Sygate is a great program, better than AvG and alot of the other ones out imo. I think my computer runs alittle faster than it did with the other programs running in the background, and it also notifies you everytime something tries to connect to the internet, so you can manage which applications are running and what you want to be allowed to run much easier.

Last edited by JiggyFly; Sep 08, 2006 at 04:40 PM // 16:40..
JiggyFly is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This Forum!